Alcoholism - You Can Stop It
Alcoholism is more than just heavy drinking. It ruins family life, social engagements, education, work... and that’s before we mention its physical and mental effects.
But what can you do if your spouse, partner, friend or colleague can't find a way to stop drinking and destroying all that is dear to you and him (or her)? And what can you do if YOU are the one who lives from bottle to bottle and can't find a way out?
You may have said; “real solutions don't seem to exist”.
I can forgive you for this thought, because that's what I used to think, too.
You see I had tried it all - AA, Rehab units, home detox and will power. Each time I had a period of sobriety but I was never happy. Something was always missing, "er could that have been 'booze' Andy?” I hear you ask.
Well yes, that was the problem, I had removed the drug from my life without replacing it with anything meaningful.
Many years ago I found the solution to my addiction; it was to be driven toward a better and brighter future rather than away from my self destructive past.
It sounds like a small difference, almost a play on words. But it's more than that. In fact, it is the single most important difference between a dry existence and the full exciting and wonderful life I enjoy today, sober, sane and successful!
On this site I would like to share with you what has helped me, has allowed me to help others, and now how it could help YOU, whether you cope with alcoholism yourself or know someone who does.
I will also give you a lot of factual information on alcoholism. Facts give you insight into why it is important to stop and information on methods available to you will make you more informed - knowledge is power.
All too often, drinkers and family members deny or rationalize a drinker's dependency. Wrong, being honest about the problem is vital.
Another mistake - "a problem drinker can not be helped until he reaches rock bottom".... wrong again!
Intervention works and you can stop the physical, mental, economic, social and emotional havoc booze causes. It takes effort - a WHOLE LOT of effort - but as I, and others I have helped have done it, you or someone you know can do it too.
The navigation bar and the table of contents contain links to the main pages of this website. You can also use the search box below if you're looking for a specific topic.
- Alcoholism Blog - Stay Up To Date
- The Alcoholism Blog is a special page featuring short messages about new additions and updates to this web site.
- Alcoholism Solutions Free Newsletter - Subscribe Now
- Sign up to the free Alcoholism Solutions Newsletter and receive useful information directly in your mailbox.
- Alcohol Abuse – Facts On Alcoholism
- Facts on alcohol abuse. What is alcoholism? What do statistics say? And what can you do?
- Alcoholism Test - Who is an Alcoholic?
- There's not just one alcoholism test, but many different types of tests available today to help identify if someone suffers from alcoholism.
- Alcoholism Treatment Options - What You Can Do
- Effective alcoholism treatment requires a many pronged approach. Find a review of available options here.
- Living with an Alcoholic - A Helpful Approach
- Living with an alcoholic means that you are in an extremely difficult situation. Find out who and which approach can be helpful.
- Alcohol And Workplace
- Does your company have an alcohol and workplace policy? Are there any rules regarding alcohol and drug abuse at work in your country?
- Alcohol Abuse Effects - Alcoholism and Health Hazards
- A in-depth look on alcohol abuse effects and health hazards of heavy drinking.
- Addiction Research - The Importance Of Understanding Addiction
- Addiction research is an important part of understanding addiction. If you have an addiction, it can help you better understand how to overcome it.
- About Alcoholics Anonymous - How They Work
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a program designed to assist people struggling with alcoholism. Read how they work.
- Drug And Alcohol Rehab Center
- Checking into a drug and alcohol rehab center is a good option for people struggling with addiction.
- Alcoholism and denial, My Story
- With alcohoIism and denial I was washed up and my once bright future was far behind me
- Info On Alcoholism - Contact Me For Details
- After years of problem drinking and at another time being affected by someone elses drinking, I now have a solution and offer you info on alcoholism.
- Alcoholism Solutions - Site Map
- Links to all pages on Alcoholism Solutions. Here you will find the info you need.